Friday, January 18, 2013

Ivy Rae Bullard!

On January 9th, 2013 Ivy Rae Bullard was born! She was 6 days overdue. I was feeling contractions for a few days but at about 3:30AM that Wednesday morning my water broke. Thankfully right before my water broke my mom arrived at our house to watch the boys. My contractions became stronger & closer so I asked her to come over just in case. We were admitted into the hospital a little after 4AM & I got my beloved epidural. Unfortunately after about an hour the epidural dose wasn't strong enough anymore & my contractions became painful again...this didn't happen with my other two labors so I talked to the nurses & they had my dose upped but it only helped for about 15 minutes till I was in a lot of pain again. Thankfully JJ was there to let me squeeze his hand & my sister Kellie was able to come & keep me distracted from some of the pain. At 9AM Ivy was ready to come so we waited for the doctor to come in and like my other labors it only took about 3 or 4 pushes! She was born at 9:30AM at 9lbs 3oz & 21 inches, BIG GIRL! Kellie took these pictures for us, I'm so glad she was able to be there for the birth. It was pretty painful but SO worth it, we are in love with our sweet little girl & can't get enough of her! She is still sleeping a ton & hardly ever cries. My recovery is going great, I feel really good & have so much more energy now! I gained much more then I wanted to this pregnancy but I'm feeling positive that I can get it all off this year. It has been a juggling act with three kids(3 under 3!) at home but it hasn't been too crazy yet since Ivy sleeps most the day still. I can't wait to see what this year will bring with our new family of five!

 photo IMG_0148_zps039c45b5.jpg

 photo IMG_0145-1_zpsf736c0ea.jpg

 photo IMG_0134_zps38238910.jpg

 photo IMG_0177_zps5cbd60e3.jpg

 photo IMG_0208_zpsd9996cb5.jpg

 photo IMG_0173_zps7227dad9.jpg

 photo IMG_0125_zpsd2471495.jpg








3 comments:

Kellie said...

She's perfect! I love her so much. Thanks for inviting me to be there! <3

Heather said...

Great pictures! My name is Heather and I was hoping you could email me about a quick question I have regarding your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

Stephanie said...

Aweee I love this!!! Ivy is getting older fast!!! <3 <3

thatssoyouphotographybutton