Friday, October 7, 2011

My obsession

I have recently discovered the wonderful world of Pinterest! It has seriously changed my life. I LOVE looking at the DIY projects the most, in the last two weeks I have started(and actually finished) a handful of DIY ideas that I've found on Pinterest.
First I made this scarf...i forgot to take a picture of mine but it I think it came out pretty good.
Then I found this easy tutorial for a maxi skirt on Threadbare, an awesome blog! I love her style.
I wore my new skirt that I made to dinner(at The Melting Pot) with my parents for my Dad's birthday, I love it!
Photobucket
I really liked the Threadbare blog and as I looked through her different posts from the past I found more tutorials that were really simple like the turban headband which I also made for myself...
Photobucket
and my sister...
Photobucket
I also made the diy statement necklace from the same blog found here, I'll post the picture another day but I really like how it turned out!
THEN I made an infinity scarf from this tutorial...I wish I would have made it a bit longer but I still like it!
Photobucket
I also found this tutorial for no heat curls. The first time I tried it my hair was too damp so it didn't come out the way I wanted it to, but the second time I was happy with the result.
night before(so sexy)
Photobucket
the next morning after I look out the pins
Photobucket
I also found a diy shampoo recipe on pinterest. It's supposed to be heathier for your hair and I have gone a week now using the homemade shampoo and conditioner, so far my hair's texture feels pretty weird but I read that that's normal for the first two weeks off of the store bought shampoo. I also want to make the "homemade face wash"  found from the same site.
I have a few more project I want to try...I'm on a roll here with all these DIYs so why stop? I love my new found crafty side...It's ALL thanks to pinterest!

Easton really likes my turban headband too, every time I put it on he begs me to put it on his head then he runs to the mirror to check himself out! haha I love him!
Photobucket

If you have any great DIYs that are easy let me know! Oh and if you want to follow me on Pinterest you can find me here!

6 comments:

Kellie said...

Did you seriously just have a baby?? You're a freaking model. I love your new crafty side because I get to copy you! :) E's face is SO funny and cute! I love him.

Natalie said...

I love everything you've made! You girls get your craftiness from your grandma Thompson. I love that your ideas come out first try! Your curls look beautiful too and OH HOW CUTE IS EASTON'S face looking himself in the mirror!

Stevie Leigh said...

You have such a beautiful family!

Lovely blog,

Natalie said...

By the way... thank you both for a fun evening at the "Melting Pot." We're still thinking and talking about it. (So GOOD)!

Candace Shiflet said...

don't you LOVE pinterest? SO many DIYs! I have like 2 whole boards dedicated to them. they're true love :)
Lovely Little Rants

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Holy man, I love that turban headband!

thatssoyouphotographybutton